Sore Throat During Pregnancy
Being pregnant is a wonderful feeling but there are so many restrictions when you are not feeling well. For instance, you cannot take any medications for whatever you are feeling such as sore throat during pregnancy. It could be very frustrating and uncomfortable for an expectant mother. It is common for a pregnant woman to get lost on how to treat her sore throat during pregnancy because she is not sure what treatments are safe for her and her baby. If you are one of the expecting mothers who are experiencing sore throat, continue reading for you to be equipped with the right information.
Important points to know about sore throat during pregnancy
- This is caused by the drainage of the back of the throat.
- If you experience sore throat you should seek immediate medical attention before doing anything. Remember that you are not just after your health but the baby inside your womb.
- Natural treatments are the best cure for sore throat during pregnancy.
Natural Treatments on sore throat during pregnancy
- Use hot steam in the bathroom to clear your congestion.
- Place a warm wash cloth over your nose.
- Mix a warm water and salt in a cup. Gargle the saltwater mixture while hot to soothe and ease your sore throat during pregnancy. Do not use burning hot water. You should not swallow the water with salt because it will cause you to bloat.
- To help alleviate pain with sore throat, mix honey, lemon and water. Heat the mixture until warm.
- Prepare a hot tea then add one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey. Mix well then sip while hot. You should not drink a burning hot mixture because it will make your throat irritated.
- Take a tablespoon of honey for temporary but instant relief. It can also help treat cough with sore throat.
- To help you get away with sore throat immediately, take plenty of orange juice. Orange juice is rich with vitamins C.
- For five minutes, boil ginger slices and water. Have a hot tea and put the boiled water with ginger and add one teaspoon of lemon juice. Sip it while hot. You can chew the ginger slices as well.
Tips on sore throat during pregnant
- Since you are pregnant, you have the tendency to always feel hot and sweat. Make sure that you keep your back, neck, stomach and chest covered and dried.
- Always breathe through your nose.
- Do not let the cold air enters your mouth because it will make your throat dry and irritated.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a clean blanket to keep the air you breathe warm. However, make sure that you are not suffocating yourself.
- Always keep yourself warm because a sore throat is one of the first symptoms of colds.
Other Treatments on sore throat during pregnancy
- Acetaminophen can treat the pain connected with your sore throat.
Take other options for your treatment for your sore throat during pregnancy if natural remedies do not help relieve the pain. However, you should consult first your doctor before taking any medications.
Incoming search terms:
- how to cure sore thoat while pregnant
- dealing with strep throat during pregnancy
- sore throat during pregnancy
- sore throat constipation excessive saliva frequent urination headaches could i be pregnant
- sore throat caused by vomitting during pregnancy
- pregnancy sore throat
- leukorrhea pregnancy
- how to soothe a sore throat during pregnancy
- how to deal with vomiting during pregnancy
- how to cure sore throat with honey being pregnant
Filed Under: During Pregnancy
About the Author: